10. Step Back and Whirl Arms on Both Sides (Four)
(l) Turn the upper part of the body to the right, and change the right fist into a palm, palm up, and move it in a curve past the right hip backward and raise it horizontally to the shoulder level, elbow slightly bent. At the same time, turn the left arm outward, palm up, and raise the left foot gently. The eyes first turn to the right as the body turns, and then turn to the left palm. (Fig. 56)
(2) Raise the left foot a bit, toes down, and step backward, ball of foot on the floor. Shift the weight backward, and land the 1eft foot on the floor, the heel of the right foot slightly outward and toes forward to form the right empty step. At the same time, bend the right arm at the elbow, move the right palm back past the right ear and push it forward, palm forward at shoulder level. Withdraw the left hand downward to before the left hip. Look at the right palm. Keep the upper part of the body upright, and relax the waist and hips. (Fig.57)
(3) Turn the upper part of the body to the left, and move the left palm downward and to the left backward in an arc and raise it horizontally, palm up. At the same time, turn the right arm outward, palm up. Look to the left first as the body turns, and then to the right palm. (Fig.58)
(4) Raise the right foot gently and move it backward, ball first on the floor and then the who1e foot. Shift the weight to the right leg, heel of the left -foot slightly outward. Bend the left knee slightly to form the 1eft empty step. Bend the left arm at elbow, and move the palm past the left ear to push forward, palm forward at shou1der level. Move the right palm downward and backward to in front of the right hip. Look at the left palm. (Fig.59)
(5) Repeat the movements from (l) to (4) once each on the left and right sides. (Figs. 60-63)
Points for attention: In moving the foot backward, land the ball first on the floor, and then the whole foot. Shift the weight backward to make a clear distinction between the empty and the solid when changing steps. At the same time, keep the feet about l0 centimeters apart. To remain balanced, do not cross the legs when stepping backward.