11. Turn to Push Palms (Four)
(l) Withdraw the left foot to behind the right foot, ball on the floor. Turn the left palm outward and move it first upward and then downward to in front of the right side of the chest, palm down. Move the right palm in a curve upward to the right, palm up at head 1evel. Look at the right palm. (Fig.64)
(2) Pivot on the ball of the left foot and the right heel to turn the body to the left backward, and keep the weight on the right leg after the turn. Bend the right arm, move the P8lm back, and press the left hand slightly downward' be ahead to the left (northwest). (Fig.65).
(3) Move the left foot one step forward (northwest), with the right foot fol1owing immediately to land behind the left be, ball touching the floor to form the T-shaped step. At the same time, move the left pa1m downward to circle around the left knee and press it to the left side of the hip, palm forward and fingers up to nose level. Look at the right palm. (Fig.66)
(4) Pivot on the left heel and ball of the right foot to turn the body to the right backward, and keep the weight on the left leg after the turn. At the same time, turn the left arm outward and move it to the left and upward in an arc to head level, palm up. Move the right palm down to in front of the left side of the chest, palm down. Look forward to the right. (Fig.67)
(5) Move the right foot forward (southeast) with the 1cf t foot…immediately following half a step behind the right foot to form the T-shaped step. Circle the right palm around the right knee, palm fingers forward, and press it by the right hip, Push the left palm forward past the ear, palm forward and fingers up to nose level. Look at the left palm. (Fig. 68)
(6) Repeat the movements for turning the body to push palms once on each side. The movements are exactly the same, but the directions should be northeast and southwest, just opposite of the two previous exercises. (Figs.69-72)
P0ints for attention: In executing the T-shaped step, keep the feet about l0 centimeters apart for easier turning. In turning the body, keep the weight between the feet, and after turning, shift the weight to the rear leg to make the turning easy. The whole exercise shou1d be done with both ease and steadiness.