47. Ward off Stroke, Push and Press, Right
(l) Shift the weight backward, toes of the left foot outward, and turn the upper body to the left. Move the left Palm downward in an arc, Palm up, and at the same time change the right first into a palm and stretch it forward, palm down. Look ahead and to the left. (Fig. 243)
(2) Shift the weight forward, bend the left leg at the knee, and withdraw the right foot to the inner side of the left foot. At the same time, move the right palm downward in an arc, and the left palm backward and then turn it upward in an arc, both Palms in front of the chest as if holding a ball (right P3lm below palms facing each other). Look at the left Pam. (Fig. 244)
(3) Turn the upper body s1ightly to the right and move the right foot one step forward, and shift the weight forward form the right bow step. Move the palms respectively upward and downward, the right forearm warding off in front at shoulder level and palm inward, and the left P3lm pressing by the left hip. Look at the right forearm. (Fig. 245)
(4) Turn the upper body slightly to the right while the right hand stretches forward, forearm turned inward, palm down, and left forearm turned outward, palm up, and move it upward past the abdomen and forward in an arc and to under the right forearm. Look at the right palm. (Fig. 246)
(5) Turn the upper body to the left, move the hands down ward as if stroking a long beard, and past the abdomen to upper left backward in an arc, and lift it up until the left Pam is oblique up, wrist at shoulder level, right P8lm Oblique backward, and bend it horizontally in front of the chest. At the same time, shift the weight backward to the left leg. be at the left palm. (Fig. 247)
(6) Turn the upper body to the right, and shift the weight forward to form the right bow step. Turn the left arm inward, elbow bent. Move the fingers of the left Palm forward close to the inner side of the right wrist, palm forward, and Push both hands slowly forward, right palm inward and arms forming a semicircle. Look at the right wrist. (Fig. 248)
(7) Extend the left palm over the right wrist and immediately move the palms apart to the two sides at shoulder width, palms down. Sit back, and shift the weight to the left leg, toes of the right foot raised. Bend both arms at the elbow and withdraw the palms to the front of the chest, palms forward and down. Look straight ahead. (Fig. 249)
(8) Land the right foot and bend the right leg forward to form the right bow step. Press the palms pest the abdomen forward and upward, wrists at shoulder level and palms forward. Look straight ahead. (Fig. 250)'
Points for attention: The same as those for Ward off, Stroke, Push and Press, Left, but in the opposite direction.